Getting Acquired: Practical Guidance from an Industry Professional - with Zach Vaninger (Part 1)
This episode is part 1 of 2, where we are joined by Mergers & Acquisitions specialist - Zach Vaninger. Zach has spent a majority of his career in the world of Mergers and Acquisitions and has worked on transactions that total over $1 billion in deal value. On today’s episode, Zach is going to share his thoughts on what a seller can do to prepare to get acquired and walk us through the process of selling a company.
Preparing to be acquired
- What are your goals?
- Get good professional advice (lawyer, accountant, investment banker)
- Get NDAs in place immediately
- Get everything in order
- Be open with your management team
- Know your company narrative (what synergies can you bring to the buyer?)
- Compile a target list.
- Contact the targets.
- Send/receive a teaser.
- Sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Send/review the confidential information memorandum (CIM).
- Submit/solicit an indication of interest (IOI).
- Conduct management meetings.
- Ask for or submit a letter of intent (LOI).
- Conduct due diligence.
- Write the purchase agreement.
- Close the deal.
- Handle any post-closing adjustments and integration.