Getting Brave About Anxiety :: Sissy Goff [Ep 311]
Sissy Goff is one of our favorite counselors to have on the show and she’s back with us to talk about her new guide for helping teen girls with worry and anxiety. But beyond that she offers hope and help for all of us as we experience hard emotions in the midst of this pandemic.
We talk about strategies for working through worry and anxiety for different ages and stages of kids and for us as moms. And Sissy reminds us to trust our instincts when it comes to helping our kids.
“You are not alone. And as a mom, your gut is your superpower. You are so intuitive and trust your gut on what's going on with your kids and, and have a few people that you trust a lot that you can talk to. Definitely talk about it because anxiety left untreated only gets worse. I'm seeing so much more in the pandemic that it's spilling over into depression.”
She also reminds us that asking for help is a brave and often necessary step for helping our kids learn practical ways to fight back when worries come up.
Connect with Sissy:
- Website: raisingboysandgirls.com
- Podcast: raisingboysandgirls.com/listen
- Facebook: facebook.com/raisingboysandgirls
- Instagram: @raisingboysandgirls
- BOOK: Brave: A Teen Girl's Guide to Beating Worry and Anxiety
- Ep 141: Raising Girls :: Sissy Goff
- Ep 160: Emotional Milestones :: Sissy Goff & David Thomas
- Bonus Ep: Raising Worry-Free Girls :: Sissy Goff
- Feelings Chart
- BOOK Raising Worry-Free Girls