Girl Insta-rupted: Episode #57 – Nothing General About It with Maurice Bernard
Maurice Bernard get’s insta-rupted today. Mr. Benard's multi-cultural upbringing began in San Francisco, where he was born to parents from Nicaragua and San Salvador. He began modeling in his early twenties. Following that, Maurice took up acting in numerous theatrical productions in the Bay Area. He started his acting career as Nico on the soap opera All My Children from 1987 to 1990. He then went on to start a career on General Hospital, a daytime soap opera on ABC. He's still on the show today.
Maurice has been a popular voice in the battle against bipolar disorder. He has been very open about his personal battle with the illness, appearing on television programs such as The View, Entertainment Tonight, and Oprah. He has been featured in People and LA Life Magazines. He also began working with the National Mental Health Association (NMHA) to help educate Americans about the importance of recognizing the signs and symptoms of bipolar disorder.
In today’s episode, Syd and Maurice discuss Maurice’s career and his life long battle to overcome anxiety and bipolar disorder.
- Knowing Triggers
- Know them before they happen
- Bits of his book revealed - what it was like in the isolation room at the psychiatric facility
- His wife accepted and still loved him after he told her about his bi-polar diagnosis and psych ward stint
- Maurice’s kids coped when he had severe anxiety
- Finding the right medication, routine and balance. Being a great Father and Husband in spite of his diagnosis
- Continuing to work after having a breakdown
- Managing acting during an anxiety flare up
Syd Social Media
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/SYDWILDER
Instagram – @sydwilder https://www.instagram.com/sydwilder/?hl=en
Instagram - @GirlInstarupted https://www.instagram.com/girlinstarupted/?hl=en
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/TheRealSydWilder/