Lauren Buitta, co-founder and CEO of Girl Security, shares how advancing girls, women, and gender minorities in national security leads to better cyber defense on today’s episode of Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson. Lauren began as a policy analyst with the National Strategy Forum, a nonpartisan think tank, focusing on a wide range of national and global security issues, including domestic terrorism, transnational threats, and cybersecurity. Ann and Lauren discuss what led her to launch Girl Security, what the industry could do differently to help women grow in security, and why it is crucial to engage young girls in discourse about disinformation?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How to become involved with Girl Security
- The barriers women face when searching for a security career
- Why we are having issues finding new security talent
Some Questions We Ask:
- How can we remove barriers for women in security?
- Why is it important to involve young women in uncovering misinformation?
- What are the reasons behind women only taking up 20% of our industry?
Listen to: Security Unlocked
Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.