Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery - A Solid Whodunnit
Were you able to catch Glass Onion in theaters before its holiday weekend release? Melvin and Dan did, and they're excited to share some details on what makes Glass Onion worth the wait! Don't worry, they don't get into spoilers until halfway into the discussion, and they'll make it clear when to tune out if you're wanting to go into Glass Onion blind!
- (PATREON EXCLUSIVE) 31-minutes discussing Melvin's Covid sickness part 2, the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, and the rumors surrounding changes to the DC Universe (PATREON EXCLUSIVE)
- To give a non-spoiler review, Melvin and Dan celebrate the film's ensemble cast, general themes, and upbeat atmosphere.
- The atmosphere of "body positivity" within the film as it showcases various actors in bathing suits was a little shocking for Melvin despite the setting, and he suspected some of Cinematic Doctrine's Christian audience may want to be forewarned about some of the non-sexual body-positive imagery within the movie in terms of preserving a pure thought-life.
- Glass Onion is very-much a "theater movie" and a "crowd pleaser" despite being on Netflix.
- In contrast, a brief aside on The Gray Man, a Netflix flop, and the Kenneth Branagh "Poirot" mystery movies Murder on the Orient Express and Death on the Nile.
- Getting into spoilers [27:25 ]
- Glass Onion is very much of the now, a quality that Knives Out had but not nearly to this degree.
- The Bulwark Goes to Hollywood - How Spider-Man Conquered Hollywood (Podcast)
- Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 (Video Game)
Support on Patreon for Unique Perks!
- Early access to uncut episodes
- Vote on a movie/show we review