DiscoverThe Angles of Lattitude Podcast | Learn from the Successes of the Creatively Self Employed | How-To | Inspiration | MindsetGlenn Livingston – Never Binge Again: How to Stop Binge Eating, Stress Eating, and Overeating (AoL 110)
Glenn Livingston – Never Binge Again: How to Stop Binge Eating, Stress Eating, and Overeating (AoL 110)
It wasn't too long ago that residents of the US grew their own food. Instead of letting the big food companies and government tell us what to eat, we grew most of our food on our local farms.
Ever since we've let big agriculture take over, however, obesity has been on the incline. Sweet foods that we like to eat have become more abundant throughout the year and more readily available.
Because of this, phrases like binge eating, stress eating, and overeating have become the norm.
But because it's normal, doesn't mean it's right.
In this conversation, I talk with Dr. Glenn Livingston about how to induce a mental anchor that will help us get out of destructive bad habits when it comes to food.
Having worked with the food industry as well as researching the topics through his own practice, he has found a great way to associate these bad habits with actions that don't identify us.
In this session, find out more about that method and how you can apply it your own bad eating behaviors.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
* How did Glenn get into the marketing world after being formally trained as a psychologist? 9:59
* What was the point in his career that he felt was a major breakthrough to where he is today? 15:52
* How did he decide what his next steps in life were when he was in the midst of his break down? 23:32
* Why is it that food that's affordable is typically made from bad stuff? 30:46
* How did he learn to keep himself from engaging in unhealthy behavior? 34:31
* Should one address overeating and binge eating the same way they address stress eating? 39:08
* Why does portion control work and planning out meals for the week work as well as it does? 45:04
* 3 top books he recommends or gives to others? 49:03
* Fact from today that would blow the mind of someone from 10 years ago? 49:29
* One thing under $100 that has changed his life? 50:07
* Something that isn't as bad as he thought it would be? 50:39
* What's one thing all high school students must know? 51:05
* What's the secret to achieving personal freedom? 51:34
* ... and MUCH more!
Right click here and save-as to download this episode to your computer.
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
* Glenn Online: Website, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram
* Sugar: The Bitter Truth - Full Length (Condensed)
* Jack Trinky at Rational Recovery
* Walter Reed Veteran Hospital
* How to Lead an Inspired Life by Jim Rohn (review by Brian Johnson)
* Breakthrough Advertising - Eugene Swartz
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store