Go at Clever
In this episode we explore how Clever started using Go. What technologies did Clever start with, how did they transition to Go, and what were the motivations behind those changes? We then explore some of the OS tech written by the team at Clever.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
Teleport – Quickly access any resource anywhere using a Unified Access Plane that consolidates access controls and auditing across all environments - infrastructure, applications, and data. Try Teleport today in the cloud, self-hosted, or open source at goteleport.com
LaunchDarkly – Test in production! Deploy code at any time, even if a feature isn’t ready to be released to your users. Wrap code in feature flags to get the safety to test new features and infrastructure in prod without impacting the wrong end users.
Equinix Metal - Proximity – Take your infrastructure further, faster. On March 3rd, join Equinix Metal for their first technical user conference called Proximity. It’s a “follow-the-sun” day of live-streamed technical demonstrations showcasing Equinix Metal’s partners and ecosystem. Visit metal.equinix.com/proximity
- Rafael Garcia – Twitter, GitHub
- Nathan Leiby – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Jon Calhoun – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- wag - a tool for generating Go web APIs using a subset of Swagger v2.
- sphinx - http rate limiting tool.
- leakybucket - leaky bucket implemented in Go.
- microplane - CLI used to make git changes across multiple repos.
- optimus - a library used to concurrently manipulate collections of data.
- Mo Repos, Mo Problems? How We Make Changes Across Many Git Repositories - a writeup by Nathan about how Clever uses the microplane CLI.