Greatfully Well - Week 4: Gratitude, Mindfulness and Well-Being
It's Great When You're Grateful!
This is week 4 in our 5 week program designed to guide you into a habit of gratitude in order to enhance your well-being during and after cancer treatment. This program is open to patients/survivors as well as caregivers.
All participants receive an email once a week (on Mondays, starting March 1st) with a link to the podcast interview regarding the week’s topic. We will also have a “Gratitude Action Step” each week, and participants will keep a gratitude journal.
This program is designed for you to do “on your own”, or with a virtual group meeting once a week, on Thursday evenings at 7pm. Let us know if you have any questions!
To register go to: https://cancerservicesonline.org/gratitude/
During week 4 Dr. Torelli shares about the following:
- Refresher on self acceptance/self compassion.
- What is well-being and mindfulness?
- Why is it important?
- Can spirituality, faith and spiritual practices be mindfulness?
- What are some ways to practice mindfulness?
Here’s our Gratitude Action step for this week:
Continue your gratitude journal!
Prompts for this week. Use one, or more, each day!
1 Spend a few minutes focusing on your 5 senses and write down how you can you be more mindful of each.
2. What about your career or job are you grateful for?
3. What things made you laugh out loud?
4. What physical characteristics are you most grateful for?
5. Name 3 talents or qualities you have that you are grateful for.