Greatfully Well Week 1 - Introduction
It's Great When You're Grateful!
We are launching a special 5 week program designed to guide you into a habit of gratitude in order to enhance your well-being during and after cancer treatment. This program is open to patients/survivors as well as caregivers.
The program begins on March 1st!
All participants will receive an email once a week (on Mondays, starting March 1st) with a link to the podcast interview regarding the week’s topic. We will also have a “Gratitude Action Step” each week, and participants will keep a gratitude journal.
This program is designed for you to do “on your own”, or with a virtual group meeting once a week, on Thursday evenings at 7pm. Let us know if you have any questions!
To register go to: https://cancerservicesonline.org/gratitude/
During week 1 Dr. Torelli shares about the following:
- What is gratitude?
- How can gratitude help during or after cancer treatment?
- What are the most important things to do when it comes to a lifestyle of gratitude?
- Example of how someone can reframe their perspective using gratitude.
WEEK 1 ACTION STEP:
Start your gratitude journal! Prompts for this week. Use one, or more, each day!
1. Write down one good thing that happened to you today.
2. What are five personality traits that you are most thankful for?
3. What about your upbringing are you most grateful for?
4. Name 5 things you are doing well currently.
5. What family members are you most grateful for? Write about what makes them special.