HOW THE SCIENCE OF SUNLIGHT SHAPES OUR MINDS AND OUR BODIES!!! Plus a Guided Meditation! Linda Geddes
If you’ve ever wanted to feel brighter, more vibrant, healthier, and well-rested, then do we have the Chasing the Sun show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Linda Geddes, award-winning journalist and the author of one of my absolute favorite books of the year, Chasing the Sun.
And that’s just what I want to talk with her about today. About how the science of sunlight shapes our minds and our bodies. Plus we’ll talk about the joy of Caesar’s Palace, Arctic Reindeer, peas and jet lag, summer solstice, and what in the world chopping carrots in the dark has to do with anything.
Key Points Discussed:
- Getting interested in the sun despite living in a place known for its dark and dreary winters (02:49)
- Mark Galvin; The man with none 24-Hour sleep-wake disorder (08:18)
- Artificial light and how it affects our health and wellbeing (15:36)
- Bright light first thing in the morning as a treatment for seasonal affective disorder and general depression (24:05)
- What’s the light tracking watch? (32:33)
- Cases of medical prescriptions to stay away from the light (40:10)
- The impact that sunlight has on pregnant mothers and newborns (50:24)
- Advice for children in the light and schools potentially trying to get kids up later in the day (55:32)
- Advice for getting through winter; brighter days and darker nights (01:00:39)
For free meditations, weekly tips, stories, and similar shows visit: www.InspireNationShow.com
To support the show and get even more great tools, tips, and behind-the-scenes access, visit: www.Patreon.com/InspireNation
And to follow Inspire Nation (and the lives of Michael and Jessica) on Instagram, go to www.instagram.com/inspirenationlive