Habs Darkest Day | Canadiens Connection ep 113
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Former member of the Laval Rocket, Antoine Waked, signed a deal with the Indy Fuel of the ECHL.
- Canadiens prospect report - Habs prospect Cole Caufield is headed to the American World Junior camp after an up and down week with the Wisconsin Badgers. While 2020 second round pick Jan Mysak is headed to World Junior camp for the Czech Republic. Scoring highlights of the week.
- They Said What? - Habs assistant coaches Dominic Ducharme and Luke Richardson spoke to the media this week, while development coach Francis Bouillon also had an availability.
- Around the Hockey World - Gary Bettman says the NHL is "taking their time" planning for a new season. A new proposal of a 56-game season that would start January 15th came to light. With the ongoing disputes between the NHL and NHLPA, fans are assigning blame.
Segment 2: 25th Anniversary of the Patrick Roy Trade
- December 6th marks the 25th anniversary of the infamous Patrick Roy trade that saw the Canadiens trade their franchise goaltender to the Colorado Avalanche that saw the Canadiens net a rather underwhelming package of players. Rick and Joe take a look back at the circumstances surrounding the deal as we approach the 25th anniversary of the transaction.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Social media reactions.
- Listener's calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get The Canadiens Connection!
Search for “Canadiens Connection” from Rocket Sports Radio on your favorite podcast app and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on apps including: