Habs Most Pressing Issues | Canadiens Connection ep 109
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Canadiens prospect Mattias Norlinder left a game due to an apparent shoulder injury.
- Montreal has loaned defenceman Josh Brook to Krefeld Pinguine in the German Hockey League.
- Canadiens former first round pick David Fischer was in the news this week. He offered some thoughts on why things did not go his way after being the 20th selection in the 2006 draft.
- André Tourigny, who will be the head coach of Team Canada at the upcoming World Junior Hockey Championships, took the opportunity to heap some praise on the Canadiens first round selection Kaiden Guhle.
- Corey Pronman of The Athletic ranked the top 155 NHL players under the age of 23. The Canadiens feature six players in his ranking, the highest being Nick Suzuki at #27.
Segment 2: Most Pressing Issues About the Montreal Canadiens
- Rick and Joe take a look at 12 of the most pressing issues that face the Montreal Canadiens entering the 2020-21 season. The guys tackle the big questions. What will this season look like? Did Marc Bergevin do enough to make the Canadiens cup contenders? Will Claude Julien accept the youth movement? All these questions and more!
- We take a look back at the most pressing questions we had entering last season and compare.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Social media reactions.
- Listener's calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get The Canadiens Connection!
Search for “Canadiens Connection” from Rocket Sports Radio on your favorite podcast app and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on apps including:
And don't be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!