Habs Seek to Rule the North | Canadiens Connection ep 121
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Rick and Joe briefly recap the two games the Canadiens played this past week, the finale of their three-game set in Vancouver and their home opener Thursday against the Flames.
- Tyler Toffoli named 1st star of the week by the NHL.
- Joel Armia in concussion protocol, he skated on his own this week.
- Laval Rocket training camp underway. Check out daily reports including audio from players and coach Joel Bouchard at AHLReport.com. Claude Julien says that Ryan Poehling and Cale Fleury will not attend Rocket camp.
- Marc Bergevin says that Cole Caufield will turn pro following the conclusion of his season at Wisconsin.
- Canadiens have signed Martin Lapointe to a three-year contract extension.
- Rick and Joe make observations about the Canadiens returning to the Bell Centre in their home opener Thursday.
- They Said What? - Our favourite clips from media availabilities this week.
- Hockey notes - Wayne Gretzky celebrated his 60th birthday this past Tuesday. Pierre Luc-Dubois in quarantine in Winnipeg. Patrik Laine expected to make Columbus debut Tuesday. Jack Roslovic was in CBJ lineup on Thursday. Josh Anderson spoke about his relationship with John Tortorella. Elliotte Friedman confirmed that Marc Bergevin had a deal in place to move up in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft to select Dubois. What if?
Segment 2: Habs Newcomers Impress
- Following a much-too-early review of the Canadiens new additions last week, the guys continue with a much-too-early review of the North Division. The Canadiens find themselves in possession of second place in the North behind the Toronto Maple Leafs, but have played two less games to this point. Can the Canadiens compete for a division title? Rick and Joe take a look around the North.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- All Habs Fantasy hockey- update.
- CC Question of the week: What did you think of Ben Chiarot's takedown of Matthew Tkachuk?
- Social media reactions
- Listener's calls and text
Canadiens Connection On Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Get The Canadiens Connection!
Search for “Canadiens Connection” from Rocket Sports Radio on your favorite podcast app and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on apps including:
And don't be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!