Habs Shining New Additions | Canadiens Connection ep 120
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Rick and Joe take a look back at the week that was for the Montreal Canadiens. The Habs picked up three wins this week and currently occupy the top spot in the North division alongside the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Joel Armia was diagnosed with a concussion after a hit from Canucks defenceman Tyler Myers. He will not play Saturday night against Vancouver. Myers avoided supplementary discipline for the questionable hit and will be available to the Canucks.
- Paul Byron is game-time decision for Saturday's game after taking a Shea Weber slapshot on Thursday night.
- Corey Perry and Michael Frolik slid into the top-12 at practice on Friday, given the injuries to Armia and Byron, which has cap implications for the Canadiens. Jake Evans reaction to being placed on the taxi squad.
- The Laval Rocket opened camp with 32 players in attendance. The Canadiens announced affiliation with the new ECHL franchise in Trois-Rivières.
- Canadiens announce hiring of Ben Shutron as an amateur scout.
- They Said What? - Our favourite clips from Canadiens media availability this week.
- Hockey notes - Pierre Luc-Dubois drama escalates after benching., comes to an end after trade to Winnipeg Report: Phillip Danault rejected $30 million contract extension offered by Marc Bergevin.
Segment 2: Habs Newcomers Impress
- After our Big Topic segment two weeks ago in which Rick and Joe gave their predictions for which Habs newcomer would make the biggest impact with the club, the guys take an early look at the newbies after five games. We've seen Jake Allen between the pipes, we've seen Tyler Toffoli and Josh Anderson up front and we've seen Joel Edmundson and Alexander Romanov on the back end. Who has impressed the most?
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- All Habs Fantasy hockey- update.
- CC Question of the week: Are you relieved after the Pierre-Luc Dubois trade to Winnipeg?
- Social media reactions
- Listener's calls and text
Canadiens Connection On Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Get The Canadiens Connection!
Search for “Canadiens Connection” from Rocket Sports Radio on your favorite podcast app and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on apps including:
And don't be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!