Habs Sign Gallagher, Toffoli, Allen, Bergevin's Checklist | Canadiens Connection ep 106
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Charles Hudon has signed a contract to play with Lausanne in the National League of Switzerland.
- The Canadiens have loaned Jesperi Kotkaniemi to Assat Pori of the Finnish Elite League.
- The Canadiens signed Tyler Toffoli to a four-year contract worth $17 million.
- Jake Allen and the Habs came to an agreement on a two-year contract extension with an AAV of $2.875 million.
- The Canadiens signed Brendan Gallagher to a six-year contract extension worth $39 million.
- They Said What? - Hearing from Tyler Toffoli and Brendan Gallagher on their new contracts, as well as Marc Bergevin.
- Around the NHL: Eugene Melnyk believes the Ottawa Senators will win a Stanley Cup within four years.
Segment 2: Winning in Quebec
- Former Canadiens defenceman and General Manager, Serge Savard, spoke this week about the debacle surrounding the Canadiens selections in the 2020 NHL Draft and the lack of players selected from Quebec. He criticized Marc Bergevin and Trevor Timmons for not valuing Quebec talent as much as talent from Moose Jaw. Bergevin responded to that criticism from Savard.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Social media reactions.
- Listener's calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Search for “Canadiens Connection” from Rocket Sports Radio on your favorite podcast app and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on apps including:
And don't be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!