Harnessing Corporate Activism To Transform A Pharmaceutical Giant with Celine Schillinger
Céline Schillinger is a self-described corporate activist, who was called a troublemaker by her bosses. But thanks to her passion to grow and improve on rigid corporate systems, she was awarded Woman of the Year — La Tribune Women’s Awards in 2013. Céline was the Head of Quality Innovation & Engagement at Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of the multinational pharmaceutical company Sanofi. Now she is the Founder and CEO of We Need Social.
What Is Covered
- 03:20 - What does Céline do?
- 05:35 - Céline’s bosses described her as a troublemaker, yet she later went on to become business woman of the year. How did she do it?
- 09:10 - When Céline felt like she had hit a plateau in her career.
- 11:30 - You can take 2 paths: You and your co-workers can protest from within the company or you can band together and become constructive.
- 13:15 - How Céline and her co-workers chose to make their company a better place to work.
- 16:15 - Céline took 63 proposals into the executive room.
- 17:55 - Why at the end of that meeting, Céline came out a bit frustrated.
- 21:05 - When you’re trying to make a change in an organization by yourself, there can be a lot of backlash. When you present new solutions in a group setting, organizations by nature have to compromise.
- 24:35 - People are tired of corporate speak. Customers aren’t stupid.
- 25:55 - Céline says to never stop building trust internally.
- 27:50 - Right now Céline is heading up the quality control department, working on new and innovative ways to change the way quality is monitored in vaccines.
- 31:50 - Too often, Céline sees people unhappy at work. When you’re unhappy at work, you’re probably unhappy at home as well.
- 33:30 - How does Céline contribute to creating an innovative company culture?
- 36:35 - Céline talks on how she kept her team accountable and hitting the right metrics.
- 40:35 - Where is Céline emotionally today? Does she still feel frustrated?
- 46:05 - What has Céline changed her mind about recently?
- 48:50 - What does Céline do to remain creative?
- 50:15 - What does Céline attribute her success to in life?
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode