Have Video Games Ever 'Crossed the Line'?
Hacker Noon's Gaming Editor Limarc Ambalina talks to Video Game Blogging Fellows Jack Boreham and Nicolas Ng about the times video games may have crossed the line.
Warning: Due to the topic of discussion, this episode will go over scenes of extreme violence, homicide, and suicide in video games. Viewer discretion is strongly advised.
In this episode, Limarc, Jack, and Nicolas discuss:
- EA Games and lootboxes
- Oldschool flash games and newgrounds.com
- Gratuitous violence in video games
- Call of Duty's 'No Russian' Mission
- ...and more
Top 3 Quotes from the Show
- EA Games' loot boxes crossed the line and created one of the most infamous moments in gaming
- No Russian put you in the shoes of a terrorist and didn't give you the choice to play the hero
- As VR games become more immersive, we have to define what boundaries games are willing to cross.
When have #videogames crossed the line? Games like #callofduty #gta and more have been accused of doing so on more than one occasion.
When have #videogames crossed the line? Games like #callofduty #gta and more have been accused of doing so on more than one occasion. In this podcast, we talk about the ethics of #lootboxes in games, as well as some of the most infamous depictions of gratuitous violence in #gaming history.