Healthy Self / Healthy Marriage: Why Does Physical Health Matter for Marriage? | Ep. 520
Today Dr. Kim and I are talking about how physical health impacts a marriage. It turns out we’re both passionate about pursuing good stewardship with physical health! Dr. Kim shares some of the struggles he and Nancy have had to deal with and how they worked through them, and I share how going from a mentality of body shame to one of gratitude shifted how I approach physical health.
Episode highlights include:
- Why we need a proper theology about our bodies
- How physical health impacts our marriage
- How to start overcoming body shame
- Plus This week’s anonymous listener question is about getting on the same page with your spouse about parenting
We pray this episode is helpful to you and your marriage.
Subscribe to Podcast Email to make sure you never miss an episode. When you sign up, you will get our “5 Days 5 Ways” Love Languages resource for free! Plus you will get noteworthy quotes, resources, and more delivered straight to your inbox.
*Music for this podcast is created by Noah Copeland. Check him out here!
- In Breaking Free From Body Shame Jess Connolly gives sound and effective theology about the body
- Are you and your spouse as unified as you’d like? It’s time to get on the same page! This Unity Building Journal is designed to help you look at key areas of your marriage and work to get unified.
- Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker
- Any questions? Send them in and we’ll answer in a Healthy Self / Healthy Marriage Q & A episode!
- Follow Awesome Marriage on Instagram, Facebook and find Dr. Kim on TikTok!
- Find the link to leave us a rating & review on iTunes on the Apple Podcasts Page. We *so* appreciate your support of the podcast!
- Ready to level up your marriage? With the Marriage Changers membership yet you get all of our monthly resources, plus some other sweet benefits, like Tshirts and exclusive videos with Dr. Kim and Nancy! Learn more here!
- Get bite-sized daily doses of marriage wisdom delivered straight to your inbox with Dr. Kim’s Daily One Thing email. As a subscriber, you’ll also be eligible for some awesome freebies!
- Dr. Kim’s free weekly Marriage Multiplier email brings you 4 pieces of practical marriage wisdom in one quick, easy-to-read free weekly email.