Help People Heal through Conversations
We will learn:
- How an average person can become more skillful in talking to friends and relatives about emotional issues.
- The biggest mistakes people make when getting people to open up.
- How to create a vessel for deep and caring conversations.
Conversation can be deeply healing, for everyone involved.
Sometimes even talking with people about THEIR issues helps us see our own from a new perspective.
When we’re feeling really intense feelings, like fear, anger or anxiety, our amygdala is in the driver's seat. This is the part of the brain that handles your fight or flight response.
Talking through our feelings activates a different part of our brain and so over time we can actually decrease our emotional response to those things.
Right now, many of us are either struggling, or seeing people we love struggling and we long for some type of connection. Or we want to help each other and just don’t know how.
So the question is, how do we move beyond venting, and create conversations that are truly healing… especially after a year of being socially isolated?
That’s what we’re talking about today. Our guest is Thomas Moore, a psychotherapist and author of 24 books and multiple best sellers.
Links from the episode:
- Show Notes: https://mindlove.com/190
- Sign up for The Morning Mind Love for short daily notes from your highest self: https://mindlove.com/
- Get Mind Love Premium for exclusive ad-free episodes and monthly meditations: https://mindlove.com/premium
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.