Helping Family: a Teen Pregnancy, Distance Learning, & a Hoarding Mom
The Dr. John Delony Show is a caller-driven show that offers real people a chance to be heard as they struggle with relationship issues and mental health challenges. John will give you practical advice on how to connect with people, how to take the next right step when you feel frozen, and how to cut through the depression and anxiety that can feel so overwhelming. You are not alone in this battle. You are worth being well—and it starts by focusing on what you can control. Let us know what’s going on by leaving a voicemail at 844.693.3291 or visiting johndelony.com/show. We want to talk to YOU!
Show Notes for this Episode
- My 16-year-old is remote learning. He doesn’t complete his assignments. How do I navigate this? Do I stay on him or let him fail?
- MY 17-year-old son and his 16-year-old girlfriend are expecting a baby. How do I parent through this?
- Teaching Segment: What am I currently reading?
- Lost Connections - Johann Hari
- Atomic Habits - James Clear
- Treating Trauma and Traumatic Grief in Children and Adolescents - Judith A. Cohen
- The Biology of Desire - Why Addiction Is Not a Disease - Marc Lewis PhD
- The Gift of Therapy: An Open Letter to a New Generation of Therapists and Their Patients - Irvin Yalom
- Lonely at the Top: The High Cost of Men's Success - Thomas Joiner Ph.D.
- My mom has hoarding disorder. How can I help her?
- Lyrics of the Day: "Free Fallin'" - Tom Petty (John Mayer Cover)
tags: parenting, boundaries, technology/social media, family, OCD, counseling/therapy
These platforms contain content, including information provided by guests, that is intended for informational and entertainment purposes only. The content is not intended to replace or substitute for any professional medical, counseling, therapeutic, financial, legal, or other advice. The Lampo Group, LLC d/b/a Ramsey Solutions as well as its affiliates and subsidiaries (including their respective employees, agents and representatives) make no representations or warranties concerning the content and expressly disclaim any and all liability concerning the content including any treatment or action taken by any person following the information offered or provided within or through this show.
If you have specific concerns or a situation in which you require professional advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified professional expert and specialist. If you are having a health or mental health emergency, please call 9-1-1 immediately.