Here Come Central Bank Digital Currencies
How central bank digital currencies would work, what is the motivation to create them and what are the risks.
Topics covered include:
- What percentage of central banks are working on a digital currency and plan to issue one soon
- What are the two kinds of money that central banks currently issue and how would a central bank digital currency differ
- How central bank digital currencies would be similar and different from Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
- What are the benefits and risks of central bank digital currencies
- What are the design principles that major central banks proposed for their digital currencies
- What percentage of central banks currently have the legal authority to issue their own digital currency
For show notes and more information on this episode click here.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store