Hobby, Job, Career, Vocation - what are you doing with your life?
The work-life balance might be easier to find if you know the difference between hobby, job, career and vocation.
Jeremy & Gillyanne chat about Jeremy's new blog post, based on a video by Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Big Magic and Eat, Pray, Love.
- What our hobbies are and why I discovered I was messing them up
- Why a job isn't a career, and what the real purpose of a job is
- Why I was worrying (needlessly) about my lack of career and how I discovered I already had one
- Why people working in the arts get confused about their vocation, and why it could be deadly for your job
- And how we've been helping people on our Singing Teacher Accreditation programme discover their skills & strengths as teachers, and how changing direction can help you find satisfaction in your vocation
Jeremy's article is on the Vocalprocess website here https://vocalprocess.co.uk/hobby-job-career-vocation-your-life/
Karin's interview on how she changed direction due to the Accreditation programme is here https://youtu.be/_lhh90lyCtE
Elizabeth Gilbert's original video/post is on Facebook here (text) https://www.facebook.com/GilbertLiz/photos/a.356148997800555/948792035202912/
and video here (TikTok) https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNMSSuV1/?k=1
If you want to have a 1-1 vocation advice session with Jeremy, click on my calendar or drop us an email