Homelessness is Solvable W/ Charlie Burrell #26
Have you felt overwhelmed with the growing number of people who are ending up on our streets? Do you envision a more equitable society where homelessness is never inevitable, inescapable, or a way of life?
I sure have. Often.
In this episode I have an honest and confronting dialogue about homelessness with my friend Charlie Burrell, founder of The Humanity Project. Charlie believes a community can ignite social change and improve the everyday lives of our fellow human beings. Their organization’s objectives have been achieved by ensuring 100% of donated resources are put directly back into the community. They have fed over 500,000 people since 2014 and continue to expand their positive impact - all without a cent from the government.
In this episode we go DEEP. A few key topics include:
- The inception of The Humanity Project
- Getting to the root of homelessness, mental health and addiction
- The fragility of our existing systems - it can happen to anyone
- Creating social structures and support systems that catch people who fall through the cracks
- The challenges of working with government on addressing the root of homelessness
If you want to live in a vibrant community, where everyone has the opportunity to thrive, this conversation is a MUST listen.
Connect with Charlie Burrell
Website | thehumanityproject.ca
Instagram | @The.Humanity.Project
Connect with Stu
Website | https://www.stumurray.com
Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/stumurraypodcast/
Facebook | https://www.facebook/stumurraypodcast
Follow & Subscribe to the Stu Murray Podcast
Rate & Review the Stu Murray Podcast