How Do I Ever TRUST my Porn/Sex Addicted Spouse Again?
Discovering your spouse has a porn/sex addiction triggers Betrayal Trauma and SHATTERS trust! HOW can you ever get to the place where you can "trust him again"? Mark and Steve share insights from their own marriages and their experiences helping women and couples over the last 20 years—
- Validating your own PAIN is a crucial first step
- True empathy from your addicted spouse is ESSENTIAL!
- You need to let go fo the "shoulds" regarding how and when to trust
- Learn to LET GO of any lingering responsibility for his addiction, deception or future choices.
- The basis for "trusting again" is the process of the addict developing consistency in behaviors and attitudes in ALL areas of recovery—NOT just sobriety.
- In some respects, the LESS you "need" the relationship, the more you will be able to trust it!
- Working your own healing and knowing you will be OK by yourself, is what empowers you to "show up" in the relationship again.
- TRUST is a CHOICE. At the end of the day, only YOU can make that decision.
Find out more about Steve Moore at: Ascension Counseling
Learn more about Mark Kastleman at: Reclaim Counseling Services
Here's an article about healing Betrayal Trauma—https://www.reclaimcounselingservices.com/healing-betrayal-trauma-video
Here's why a husband's porn addiction is NOT his wife's fault!—https://www.reclaimcounselingservices.com/his-porn-addiction-not-your-fault
Wondering if your marriage can survive porn and sex addiction? This article will give you some hope—https://www.reclaimcounselingservices.com/can-marriage-survive-porn
How can you "heal" your marriage relationship?—https://www.reclaimcounselingservices.com/how-to-mend-your-marriage