How Happiness Happens
When you think about what affects your own happiness, you might think about how your mood changes after you’ve spent too much time on social media or when someone says something rude to you.
Did you know that if you’re holding on to unforgiveness, it might be affecting you more than you realize?
Today on The Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast, we’re joined by Max Lucado, a bestselling author of multiple books and pastor of Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas. Through a lot of research, Max found that 1 in 3 Americans admits they’re unhappy which inspired him to write How Happiness Happens, where he tackles this issue from a biblical perspective. Today, he’s giving us a sneak peek into this really powerful message.
When you listen to today’s episode, you will…
- Discover the secret to being happy is to release forgiveness you’ve been holding back.
- Learn how Jesus modeled what it looks like to be unoffendable by extending grace before your offender needs it.
- Understand that forgiveness does not mean you’re endorsing or forgetting what happened to you; it means clearing your heart of offenses daily as you go before the Lord.
Download the transcript of the podcast here.
- Dive deeper into Max’s newest book, How Happiness Happens: Finding Lasting Joy in a World of Comparison, Disappointment and Unmet Expectations. Purchase your copy today anywhere books are sold!
- Did you know you can participate in our past Online Bible Studies with Max? That’s right! Anxious for Nothing and Because of Bethlehem are available for you to do on your own. Click here to find out how to participate!