How Jewel Got Off The Weight-Loss Hamster Wheel Through A Weight-Inclusive Approach
Hola amigos! Welcome back!
Seeking weight loss is a hamster wheel! Are you ready to try something different? Jewel was ready for sustainability and self-love. Jewel broke up with diet culture and committed to her weight-inclusive approach to health.
Highlights of this episode:
- Childhood messages of weight
- Weight loss for relationships
- Dieting cycles
- Life stressors and dieting
- Weight inclusive approach to health
Jewel grew up with messages that her body was unacceptable. This lead to a mix of rebellious behavior and commitments to weight loss programs. Luckily, her therapist recommended David for nutrition. David's approach is very different than most. David likes to focus on the whole person, and makes space for them to reach their own answers. Like Sherpa guiding you up the mountain, you will progress and thrive. Jewel's story is about her own curiosity and self-compassion, and what that ultimately did for her.
Why does this matter? Because diet culture SUCKS!
Important Dates for David’s book, One Small Bite
April 12 – book available on Kindle
April 19 – book available in hardback and paperback
Get Unstuck Class
Starts May 10th 2022. Registration is going up on the website in a few days. There will be an early bird special. Classes are on Zoom, so no travel necessary.
Where do I go from here?
- If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to your podcasts at Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, iHeartRadio, Castbox, etc!
- Hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss another episode.
- Big Ask: Leave a Review! Please, take a few minutes and leave me a review on your podcast app. Each review helps other listeners find the podcast, which provides me with the ability to continue bring you unique content. So spread the love. Loss for words? Just write what you like about the show.
- Share the show with friends.
- If you want to work with us, schedule an appointment or a free 15 minute discovery call. Explore our website and click Schedule an Appointment. Or, reach us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 678-568-4717.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite to start transforming your life.
Chop the diet mentality; Fuel Your Body; and Nourish Your Soul!