How Sorrow and Longing Make Us Whole with Susan Cain • 233
We will learn:
- The powers of a bittersweet, melancholic outlook.
- Why our world is so blind to the value of our pain.
- How to transform grief into healing, creativity, and peace of mind.
Life can be painful. We get hurt. Or scared. We lose people. We start over. So we feel the pain of fear or loss, grief or longing. Some say the highs of your joy are equal to the depths of your pain. So today we’re talking about the transformation that happens when we experience sorrow and longing.
Our guest is Susan Cain. You may know her as the author of Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking, which spent eight years on The New York Times bestseller list, and has been translated into 40 languages. She also has a TED talk that has been viewed over 40 million times. Her new masterpiece book is Bittersweet: How Sorrow and Longing Make Us Whole.
Links from the episode:
- Show Notes: https://mindlove.com/233
- Sign up for The Morning Mind Love for short daily notes from your highest self.
- Get Mind Love Premium for exclusive ad-free episodes and monthly meditations.
- Support Mind Love Sponsors
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.