How The Police Declared War On All Of Us
For the last episode of Behind the Police, we discuss the history of police militarization in the United States, and where it's led us to today.
- I'm From Philly. 30 Years Later, I'm Still Trying To Make Sense Of The MOVE Bombing
- The History of Policing in the United States
- A New History Tears Down the Myth of the Texas Rangers
- American Police Training and Political Violence: From the Philippines Conquest to the Killing Fields of Afghanistan and Iraq
- THE MILITARIZATION OF THE PHILADELPHIA POLICE
- Militarized policing doesn’t reduce crime and disproportionately hits black communities
- Multi-Method Study Of Special Weapons and Tactics Teams
- The Growing Epidemic of Cops Shooting Family Dogs
- U.S. spends twice as much on law and order as it does on cash welfare, data show
- Militarization fails to enhance police safety or reduce crime but may harm police reputation
- Police officers in the US were charged with more than 400 rapes over a 9-year period
- 'Who will protect you from rape without police?'
- More cops. Is it the answer to fighting crime?
- How shows like ‘Cops’ and ‘Law & Order’ affect our views of the police
- The Militarization of America's Police: A Brief History
Learn more about your ad-choices at https://news.iheart.com/podcast-advertisers
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store