How To Decolonize Your Plate with The Black Nutritionist Dr. Kéra Nyemb-Diop
Decolonize Your Plate!
Dr. Nyemb-Diop invites black people to decolonize their plate. The idea of a healthy plate consists of European centric foods. This systemic racism affects how nutrition services are provided to black people. Black culture can create their plate their way by decolonizing it. Cultural foods are healthy and healing. Forget the whitewash of healthy food lists.
Highlights of this episode:
- Dr. Nyemb-Diop's Decolonize Your Plate approach
- Racism within nutrition and dietetics practices
- Systemic oppression in healthcare
- Body and food shame within black communities
- Healing through cultural foods
Get Your Copy of the book - One Small Bite: Anti-Diet Stories that Empower You To Build a Positive and Secure Relationship with Food
Get Unstuck Class
Classes are on Zoom, so no travel necessary. Read about it here: https://orozconutrition.com/courses/
Where do I go from here?
- If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to your podcasts at Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, iHeartRadio, Castbox, etc!
- Hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss another episode.
- Big Ask: Leave a Review! Please, take a few minutes and leave me a review on your podcast app. Each review helps other listeners find the podcast, which provides me with the ability to continue bring you unique content. So spread the love. Loss for words? Just write what you like about the show.
- Share the show with friends.
- If you want to work with us, schedule an appointment or a free 15 minute discovery call. Explore our website and click Schedule an Appointment. Or, reach us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 678-568-4717.
Chop the diet mentality; Fuel Your Body; and Nourish Your Soul!