How To Practice Radical Acceptance In All Areas Of Life with Tara Brach
It can be really scary to be alone with ourselves and our thoughts. The stories that keep us suffering can sometimes get louder than ever when we aren’t embracing distraction, and we usually try to push them away. But what can help break this pattern is to stop being at war with the moment, just letting our feelings be without buying into the beliefs that come with them.
This is one part of the process of radical acceptance, a topic I was excited to dive into today with the one and only Tara Brach. Tara Brach holds a PhD in clinical psychology and teaches meditation internationally. Founder of the Insight Meditation Community of Washington, DC (IMCW), Tara is the author of the bestsellers Radical Acceptance, Radical Compassion, True Refuge, and her new book, Trusting the Gold. Tara’s weekly podcasts are downloaded over two million times each month.
This episode is brought to you by BiOptimizers, MitoPure, and Athletic Greens.
You can try BiOptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough for 10% off by going to magbreakthrough.com/hyman and using the code HYMAN10. For a limited time, BiOptimizers is also giving away free bottles of their bestselling products P3OM and Masszymes with select purchases.
MitoPure, from TimeLine Nutrition, regenerates mitochondria and supports cellular energy production. Right now, you can get 10% off MitoPure, which comes in a capsule, powder, or protein blend, at timelinenutrition.com/drhyman.
Right now, Athletic Greens is offering my listeners 10 free travel packs of AG1 when you make your first purchase. Just go to athleticgreens.com/hyman to take advantage of this great offer.
Here are more of the details from our interview:
- How suffering and “the trance of unworthiness” led Tara to mindfulness (6:14 )
- The power that cultural conditioning has over our thoughts and beliefs (12:37 )
- The type of beliefs that cause the most suffering (18:41 )
- Practicing radical acceptance of what is, without buying into thoughts and beliefs about what is (19:52 )
- Accepting and facing the fear of pausing to sit with what is (31:28 )
- Changing our brains, minds, hearts, and consciousness through the practice of RAIN (38:58 )
- The pervasiveness of disassociation, trauma, and PTSD in our society and how we can move through it to come back to our body and access our wholeness (49:10 )
- The greatest gift we can give to each other (1:04:10 )
- Practicing radical acceptance in the context of a troubled and divisive world (1:08:01 )
Get your copy of Trusting the Gold: Uncovering Your Natural Goodness at
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.