How We Win the Battle with COVID (with Ed Yong)
Andy calls up The Atlantic's Ed Yong, who won the 2021 Pulitzer Prize for his coverage of the pandemic, to talk about how we got where we are now and where we need to go next. They cover what went wrong up to this point, why we can't think of vaccines as a panacea, and what Ed thinks about giving people in the US booster shots before many people around the world get their first dose. Plus, Andy weighs in on President Biden’s vaccinate-or-test requirements.
Keep up with Andy on Twitter @ASlavitt and Instagram @andyslavitt.
Follow Ed @edyong209 on Twitter.
Joining Lemonada Premium is a great way to support our show and get bonus content. Subscribe today at bit.ly/lemonadapremium.
Support the show by checking out our sponsors!
- Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows: https://lemonadamedia.com/sponsors/
- Throughout the pandemic, CVS Health has been there, bringing quality, affordable health care closer to home—so it’s never out of reach for anyone. Learn more at cvshealth.com.
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Watch President Biden’s remarks on his plan to stop the Delta variant and boost COVID-19 vaccinations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB1Awuu_DGc
- Check out Andy on 60 Minutes Australia: https://youtu.be/_q_jyJrA8H8
- Read all of Ed’s writing in The Atlantic: https://www.theatlantic.com/author/ed-yong/
- The Atlantic has compiled all their COVID-19 coverage, including the pieces Ed mentions in today’s episode, here: https://www.theatlantic.com/projects/our-essential-coronavirus-coverage/
- Find a COVID-19 vaccine site near you: https://www.vaccines.gov/
- Order Andy’s book, Preventable: The Inside Story of How Leadership Failures, Politics, and Selfishness Doomed the U.S. Coronavirus Response: https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250770165
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.
For additional resources, information, and a transcript of the episode, visit lemonadamedia.com/show/inthebubble.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.