How can you put your own oxygen mask on first before helping others? Self love starts with you!
Putting Your Oxygen Mask on First with Emily Nichols
Women and mothers are conditioned into believing that being exhausted and constantly busy is part of the deal. Yes, life has inevitable demands. But if you do not care for yourself, you cannot look after others. Emily Nichols is on a mission to show women how to put their own oxygen masks on first. As a self-care coach and host of the wildly successful Self Care Isn’t Selfish podcast, Emily inspires women to create habits where they prioritize their well-being once more. In today’s episode, Emily opens up about her own self-care journey that she and her husband embarked on in 2015. We hear about how the Whole30 program helped her break both physical and mental habits that were holding her back. After working on her nutrition, Emily then turned her attention to fitness and mindset. This three-tiered approach of nutrition, fitness, and mindset is the framework Emily now uses to help her clients establish their self-care routines. We also hear about her podcast and what her goals for this platform are. Taking care of ourselves helps us show up better in all that we do, so tune in today to get some inspiration from Emily’s story.
Key Points From This Episode:
• What Emily means when she says she wants to help women ‘put their oxygen mask on first.’
• The reason that moms often wear exhaustion and busyness as a badge of honor.
• Emily’s self-care journey, which started in 2015, and how she finds balance now.
• Details about Whole30, the elimination protocol that kickstarted Emily’s health journey.
• Food is part of so many of our experiences, so restriction is not sustainable.
• The physical and mental benefits Emily experienced doing Whole30.
• What Emily’s work as a Whole30 coach entails.
• Why Emily decided to call her podcast Self Care Isn’t Selfish.
• Find out what Emily’s self-care routine looks like at the moment.
• How Emily’s faith has grown over time and how it ties into her taking care of herself.
• Emily’s approach to balance and how she finds flow in her life.
• What Emily hopes her podcast will achieve and the message she wants to leave women with.
• Emily’s favorite way to move her body; she loves burpees!
• Obstacles Emily sees her clients facing when it comes to establishing a self-care routine.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Support the show (https://paypal.me/momslowdown)