How to Advance Your Career as a Woman
#159: Are you trying to figure out what your next step for your career should be?
Especially as women, we feel more pressure than our male counterparts as we strive to balance both work and family life or even just trying to nab that promotion. Whether you are looking to figure out what your next step is or start to execute that plan, this is a must-listen!
Today's guest is Janine Esbrand and she is the founder of Career Change Makers, a coaching and consulting company which helps high-achieving women increase career fulfillment and helps companies to nurture and develop their female talent.
Janine is also a former lawyer, TEDx Speaker and Podcast Host who brings her passion for career development and advancement to people around the world through dynamic keynote presentations and weekly podcast episodes.
When she is not coaching, speaking or podcasting, Janine can be found spending time with her husband and 2 young children or traveling.
This episode will show how women and men's mindsets are different when looking at potential jobs to apply for, how to overcome that fear of not being good enough and common mistakes that career women have made when trying to get to the next level.
This episode is jam-packed full of great ideas, so let's get to it!
Learn How to Figure Out What's Next For Your Career....
- [03:26 ] How Janine started her career journey and how at age 8 was already influenced about possible career options
- [07:16 ] How she overcame that doubt of whether she should jump into doing her business full-time or not
- [11:14 ] Common mistakes that career women make when trying to get to the next level (includes the easiest way to get a raise) ;)
- [14:02 ] What your next steps should be - reevaluate your why
- [17:02 ] Things to remember when scrolling through job descriptions
Important Links & Mentions in this episode:
- Janine's Website
- Janine's Career Change Maker Program
- Janine's Free 5 Day Career Change Mini-Course
- Kelly's Free Power of One Framework Benchmark
- Subscribe + Review on iTunes
- Subscribe + Listen on Spotify
Remember, YOU Matter! See you in the next episode.