How to Be More Alive with Cole Arthur Riley
In this beautiful conversation–in which Glennon names Cole’s book “This Here Flesh” the Next Right Book–we discuss:
1. What we learned from Cole’s insight that, “If you’re not in your body, someone else is.”
2. A mind-blowing revelation about all of our own faces that we will never stop thinking about.
3. Why the phrase “If you don’t believe you’re beautiful, no one else will” is horseshit.
4. Why dignity is the bedrock to being alive–and how to find it when we haven’t been loved well.
5. The connection between fear and awe–and how to practice wonder as a cure for despair.
Cole Arthur Riley is a writer and poet. She is the author of the NYT bestseller, This Here Flesh: Spirituality, Liberation, and the Stories that Make Us. Her writing has been featured in The Atlantic, Guernica, and The Washington Post. Cole is also the creator and writer of Black Liturgies, a project that integrates spiritual practice with Black emotion, Black literature, and the Black body.
To learn more about listener data and our privacy practices visit: https://www.audacyinc.com/privacy-policy
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit https://podcastchoices.com/adchoices