How to Be Sad, Better with Helen Russell • X60
We will learn:
- What we can learn from different cultures around managing emotions.
- Why we cry.
- Healthier strategies to cope with sadness.
How often do you get sad? What does being sad feel like to you? How long does it usually last? Are you sad right now? Do you even know? Do you know the answer to any of these questions?
We all have feelings, so we should know these things right? But I don’t think most of us do know the answers to these questions… well, some of them at least.
Our words create our realities. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to be “fine”. I want to feel good, like really good. So why am I reinforcing a mediocre reality with words that keep me in the in-between… that space of just coasting. Not feeling bad, but not feeling good… so really just not feeling anything. What kind of life is that?
Maybe actually admitting and really feeling our sadness is the only way to feel the true depths of our joy.
Well that’s what we’re talking about today. Our guest is Helen Russell, bestselling author, journalist and speaker.
Links from the episode:
- Show Notes: https://mindlove.com/x60
- Sign up for The Morning Mind Love for short daily notes from your highest self.
- Get Mind Love Premium for exclusive ad-free episodes and monthly meditations.
- Support Mind Love Sponsors
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.