How to Find a Job on Instagram
Instagram is mostly a photo and video sharing app where people go to for entertainment, a bit of education, catching up with their celebrities and icons as well as getting some updates from news accounts as well as businesses they are interested in.
Let's not forget that like Facebook, recruiters are also likely to check you out on Instagram especially when they have tried finding you on Facebook and to no avail.
Unlike other platforms, it get a bit more personal when you're branding yourself on IG. As you can tell, it's a visual platform and a lot of things can go wrong when you don't present yourslef the right way on Instagram.
Hence, on Instagram, your personal brand is the key to everything and when it comes to IG, your offers are most likely going to be ones you are not looking out for but mostly offers that come looking for you.
Here's how to brand yourself on Instagram:
- Use a great profile picture
- Let your bio sell you with as little words as possible
- Let your highlights cover the important stuff in your life that your prospective client/employer will need to know
- Use a multilink platform like linktree so that people can see the important links that highlight your professionalism
- Post photos of remarkable stuff that you have done.
- Give relatable tips as captions to highlight your strenghts
- let your feed be a timeline of all the great stuff you are capable of
- follow and engage with hashtags that are related to your niche
- follow and engage with people that are leaders in your niche or can positively impact on your awesomeness
At the end of the day, never forget that you are selling yourself on a personal level with Instagram and as such you shouldn't be shy to let people know all that you are capable of.