How to Help Schools Be Safer for Kids in Tough Situations GUEST: Aaron L. Smith
TOO MUCH BULLYING! TOO MANY TEEN SUICIDES!
This needs to stop, and we need to do whatever we can to stop bullying now, and intervene with bullying victims immediately.
Did you ever imagine that the internet would be so full of stories of bullying? And, then, did you think that the next thing would be too many teen suicides? Yes, it's a natural progression, but what a nasty one!
And, hey, parents! Are you teaching your children not to bully others?
Are you validating your child's self-worth at home, so they go out in the world with the self-esteem that allows them to interact in healthy ways?
Do you give your children your attention for who they are and not just for what they do?
That's your job!
Here's a few startling facts:
- Suicide is the third leading cause of death among young people
- Bully victims are between 2 to 9 times more likely to consider suicide than non-victims
- A study in Britain found that at least half of suicides among young people are related to bullying
- According to statistics reported by ABC News, nearly 30 percent of students are either bullies or victims of bullying
- In the US, ABC News reported that 160,000 kids stay home from school every day because of fear of bullying
>>>>>> Don't miss all the good stuff at the bottom of this page for you. Many free & low-cost resources to help your relationships!
Today, Dr. Aaron Smith is here to help our audience learn how to help students in school from building relationships to changing their current situation from becoming a statistic to becoming a story.
GUEST: DR. AARON L. SMITH, Best-selling Author of Awakening Your STEM School, and of the upcoming, BLANK CHECK: Recreating America's Broken Schools
Dr. Aaron L. Smith is an expert with STEM and workplace readiness and is known around the world for his work. He assists schools, company leaders and communities to work together to develop and sustain a pipeline of competent and job-ready employees.
A 2008 graduate of Old Dominion University with a Doctorate in Educational Leadership, Dr. Aaron L. Smith has over two decades of experience in the classroom as a mathematics teacher and administrator.
Aaron has developed a passion for workplace readiness and STEM where he has shared his knowledge as an adjunct professor at Old Dominion University and Christopher Newport University. He and his work has been referenced over 30 times from Catcat to Teachthought.com.
A Best-Selling Author of “Awakening Your STEM School”, and a future book coming out in 2019, “Blank Check: Recreating America’s Broken Schools.”
Dr. Aaron L. Smith is now an expert consultant for school districts, leading communities, and individual schools to transform their educational systems to initiates, grow & sustain the creation of a pipeline of workforce-ready graduates thanks to his five-point STEMS initiative.
Aaron’s passion for workplace readiness and STEM has been shared on the local, state and national levels. He’s received the WHRO Technology Administrator Award and the Crystal Star Award from the National Dropout Prevention Center. Besides the numerous accolades, Dr. Aaron L. Smith’s proudest achievements are being married to wife and being a dad to his three kids who challenge him to reach for the stars every day.
Aaron has also been directly responsible for his former school receiving many workplace readiness related honors from becoming a PRIME School recognized by the Society of Manufactured Engineers Education Foundation to the awarding of over three-quarters of a million dollars in grants in just over four years.
HIGHLIGHTS OF TODAY'S EPISODE:
- How to help kids who are experiencing a tough time in school
- How to help kids feel more comfortable to talk with you as an educator
- What to do and say when teens pretend to be disinterested in everything...especially in what you have to say
- Ways to improve parent-teacher conferences to talk about difficult things
- What to do when trying to help students in critical situations
- How to know when, as an educator, you need to call in an agency like Child Protective Services
- How to capture the interest of students in STEM subjects: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics and how Dr. Smith's school did a masterful job
CONTACT INFO FOR DR. AARON SMITH
CONNECT WITH DR. RHOBERTA SHALER:
WANT TO ASK ME QUESTIONS AND HAVE DIRECT ACCESS TO ME IN MY SECRET (Off Facebook) GROUPS?
Be first to get my videos, or attend my webinars. Even, two group Ask Me Anything calls each moth.
You can. Join my Optimize Circles! CLICK HERE
And, get my 21 Steps to Empowered Emotional Savvy via email FREE!
Subscribe to Dr. Shaler's newsletter, Tips for Relationships
If you have not worked with Dr. Shaler before, you can have your first one-hour session for only $97.
#aaronlsmith #STEMschool #kidsintrouble #parentteacherconference #workreadinesssolutions #education
#relationshipadvice #Hijackals #toxicpeople #RhobertaShaler #self-love
#narcissists #borderlines #antisocial #difficultpeople #emotionalabuse #verbalabuse #toxicrelationships #manipulation #walkingoneggshells #mentalhealth #emotionalhealth #abuse #narcissisticabuse