How to Live So We Can Die Peacefully with Death Doula Alua Arthur
1. What Alua has learned about living well from the many people she’s helped walk home as a death doula.
2. The “deathbed test” that guides her toward what is important and helps her stay present.
3. Alua eases Abby’s immense fear of death by sharing her glitter-wave vision.
4. The most surprising thing she wants us to know about death.
5. Concrete steps we can take now to help prepare ourselves–and our loved ones–for the inevitable.
Alua Arthur is a death doula, recovering attorney, and the founder of Going with Grace, a death doula training and end-of-life planning organization that exists to support people as they answer the question, “What must I do to be at peace with myself so that I may live presently and die gracefully?” Going with Grace works to improve and redefine the end-of-life experience for people rooted in every community using the individual lived experience as the foundation. Alua was a keynote speaker at EndWell 2019, and has been featured in the LA Times, Vogue, Refinery29, The Doctors, and InStyle. She is inspired by the gift of LIFE itself and is always on the quest for the best donuts and fried plantains!
To learn more about listener data and our privacy practices visit: https://www.audacyinc.com/privacy-policy
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit https://podcastchoices.com/adchoices