How to Quit Gaming Addiction
- Cam Adair, founder of Game Quitters on video game addiction
- His personal struggle, turning to games for help, and realizing how he could improve his life without them
- The American Psychiatric Association (APA) criteria for Internet Gaming Disorder in the 'Conditions for Further Study' Diagnostic Statistical Manual 5th Edition (DSM5): LINK
- ^ basically, how a group of psychiatrists wants to define what we are always calling 'gaming addiction'
- What your first step should be if you think you might be addicted to games
- Why it is so important to understand why you play the games that you do and the way you do
- The level of stimulation that games provide
- How games fulfill basic human needs
- The WHO classification of 'gaming disorder'
- How pictures of kids playing video games could have huge consequences
- +7 Intelligence Discord Server
- Join an awesome community all about the power of games to influence our lives and the world around us. Come chat and play games with me and your fellow listeners
- Mack Weldon
- Use promo code <PLUS7> at checkout for 20% off your first order
- Game Quitters
- Game Quitters podcast
- Game Quitters Youtube
- Cam Adair on Twitter
- Reddit community: r/stopgaming
About +7 Intelligence
+7 Intelligence is the podcast about how games impact people.
Each episode explores a different perspective on how games profoundly influence the real world. Interviews with game designers, psychologists, professionals, and everyday players discuss the unique way that games influence their life and work.
Listen to the show:
Find the show online:
On Twitter: @7_Intelligence
On Facebook: @plus7intelligence
+7 Intelligence is a member of the Podglomerate network.
Music by Creo