How to Stop People-Pleasing and Live the Life YOU Want
Imagine what life would be like if you didn’t care about the opinions of others. If the thought of being judged by family, friends or colleagues didn’t make you pause and factor into your decision-making. Picture yourself wearing the clothes you feel comfortable in, and going after the job you are passionate about. If this sounds like a dream, then you’re in the right place.
People pleasing is the topic of today’s episode, and Dr. Kathy Zhang opens the conversation with a thought-provoking prompt from Oprah: “As we move into fall… Can you leave behind anything that's no longer beneficial to you and the life that you want to live? What would moving on from this one thing free me to do?”
The episode discusses the negative consequences of losing yourself in the perceptions of others and on the reasons we fall into the trap of people pleasing, including how to stop it.
It’s time to reclaim your power and start living YOUR life with a “I don’t give a fuck energy.” Tune in to hear how you can get started!
Topics discussed in this episode:
- A prompt for fall from Oprah
- The viral TikTok trend that helped inspire this episode
- Downfalls of caring about what others think and the desire for approval
- Letting the fear of others’ judgment amplify your own anxieties
- Taking the easy route and avoiding judgment
- Kathy gives examples of letting others’ opinions change her
- Defending yourself and your desires
- Questions to ask yourself if you feel the urge to people please
- What could you do if you didn't care what other people thought about you?
Dr. Zhang is opening up a few 1 on 1 coaching spots for anyone feeling stuck and who wants to rediscover their purpose and passion. If you’re wanting to invest in yourself and your future, head to luyikathyzhang.com to book a free consultation!