How to Support Working Parents – 3 Tips from a Maternal Mental Health Expert
#156: Are you looking how to manage your work/home life especially after having a baby?
Especially as women, it can be stressful to juggle everything we do between home and work, not to mention the added stress of having a baby.
That's why today's guest, Dr. Richelle Whittaker is going to lay out the top 3 challenges for new parents who also work in the corporate world and how they can do these 3 things before the baby comes to help keep them sane through this transitional period of time: before the baby comes, during maternity/paternity leave and going back to the workplace.
Dr. Richelle Whittaker is on a mission to educate and empower parents. She is an educational psychologist, Parenting Coach | Trainer | Maternal Mental Health Expert for Leading Corporations.
She is a leading champion for empowering parents/caregivers to become strong advocates for themselves and their children via education and implementation of specialized treatment plans that address the unique dynamics of ethnic cultures/communities. She is also the founder of ‘Providential Counseling & Consulting Services and Next Steps Educational Consulting Services. She is the author of Burps, Bibs, and Breakdowns: A 90 Day Journal for moms.
This episode covers why this topic isn't just important for parents-to-be, but also the corporations they work for, as turnover is quite costly and several mindset shifts for parents-to-be to prepare for.
This episode is jam-packed full of great ideas, so let's get to it!
Learn How You Can Prepare Yourself & Those Around You For This Exciting Time....
- [05:08 ] How Dr Richelle started her journey and changed paths along the way
- [09:18 ] Top 3 challenges for new parents in the corporate world
- [16:09 ] How should corporations prepare for their staff to become parents
- [17:38 ] What are some key things that new parents can do to keep them sane?
- [21:43 ] Mindset shifts to prepare for
- [25:45 ] How much does turnover cost a corporation
- [26:23 ] How can corporations close this gap - 3 ways
Important Links & Mentions in this episode:
- Dr Richelle's Linkedin
- Power of One Framework Masterclass
- Subscribe + Review on iTunes
- Subscribe + Listen on Spotify
Remember, YOU Matter! See you in the next episode.