How to Win Big with Clients like Daymond John from Shark Tank
“The biggest risk in life is not taking risks in life” are words of wisdom from Mike Watts, an entrepreneurial expert with three startups and over $60 million in sales. Watts discusses with Host Greg Muzzillo how he was able to successfully strike a deal with Daymond John from Shark Tank, but not in the typical way that you might think. Tune in to Million Dollar Monday to hear an important strategy to achieve massive success.
- 01:48 - Introducing Mike Watts
- 05:05 - First Patent &Tradeshow
- 07:57 - Exiting the Company for $6 Million
- 09:54 - New Business - LoveHandle
- 12:44 - The Love Handle Competitive Advantage
- 15:55 - Daymond John as an Investor
- I always say a presentation without a demonstration is nothing more than a conversation
- What I'm hearing the most, the number one thing is, I think you believed in yourself mightily, but more importantly, you just weren't afraid to hustle
- My dad always said, son, you can't lean on a shovel and pray for a hole
- I feel like this is going to be that, that mark, that we leave in the world, that brand, that everybody is eventually going to know
- So I picked up the phone and to many people hearing that it might sound obvious, but there are a lot of entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs listening to this right now that may even have those moments, like, should I call, uh, wouldn't that be amazing if this happened, but because of call reluctance or fear of rejection or whatever, they don't pick up the phone and make that call. And I think if you're an aspiring entrepreneur, you need to listen to the wisdom of what Mike just said. So I picked up the phone. The worst thing that could happen is they don't answer.
- Next thing you know, about two months later, the phone rings and it's Daymond John saying Mike Watts, I've heard so much about you. I had to talk to you. Um, I don't do this, but you know, everybody loves your product here. I love your product. My wife loves your product. Let's see what we can do. Let's see we can work out a deal.
- The biggest risk in life is to not take risks in life.
- Company LinkedIn
- Mike Watts Instagram
- LoveHandle Instagram
- Million Dollar Mindset Blog - One Simple Step That Earned an Investment From Daymond John
CONNECT WITH MILLION DOLLAR MONDAY!!