How to design a voice experience for the older generation with Heidi Culbertson
Where to listen
VUI design for the elderly
10,000 people turn 65 every day in the USA and the UK has an ageing population, too. In America, the over 65s control over 70% of the country's discretionary spending. The opportunities in providing value to the once-termed 'silver surfers' could be hugely profitable, and Heidi Culbertson has her finger right on the pulse.
Over the last 2 years with Ask Marvee, Heidi has trained and tested voice experiences with literally thousands of older people. Today, Heidi joins us on the show to share with you what she's learned.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why voice for the older generation is so important
- What opportunities exist in providing value to older people both on the B2C and B2B side
- How Ask Marvee is helping the older generation's wellbeing
- How to segment and target this market (they're not all the same)
- What's different when designing a voice experience for the elderly
- VUI design best practice for older adults
Visit the Ask Marvee website
Follow Ask Marvee on Twitter
Follow Heidi on Twitter
Email Heidi: firstname.lastname@example.org