How will architects respond to climate change? - Janna Laan Lomas - BS038
A conversation recorded with Janna Laan Lomas, founding director and designer at Grain Architecture.
In this episode we discuss the architecture industry's response to climate change. We also look at Janna's training and how she got into architecture and sustainability.
You might also be interested to hear episode 37, also with Janna which focuses more on the nuts and bolts of how to design buildings in a sustainable way.
Topics covered in this conversation:
- Ethics - Turning down work if it's not sustainability focused
- Architects declare
- Donut economics
- Janna's interest in sustainability
- Designing a house from an early age
- The planning system with regards to country builds
- One planet development
- Janna's training at the Centre for Alternative Technology
Links from episode 38:
- Terra Perma
- CAT - The Centre for Alternative Technology
- Round the woods roundhouse Instagram
- Architects Declare
- ACAN - Architects Climate action Network
- Donut Economics
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/buildingsustainability)