How you can use social media to your advantage, a conversation with Sociale founder; Elizabeth McNevin
If you’re an entrepreneur or an aspiring business owner, today’s episode is for you! When she was laid off her corporate job in 2017, Elizabeth McNevin was left with just nine months to launch both a business and a baby. Tune in today to hear her hard-earned insights on how to leverage the power of social media to work for you! She believes that, at its core, social media is all about building relationships with potential customers, and encourages listeners to seek help both in and outside of the home to enrich their business and family life. Elizabeth is a big advocate for coaching and highlights the importance of choosing a coach who you connect with and shares your business values. We touch on which ads make the best conversions on social media, and Elizabeth tells us what people most want to see when they are scrolling: an imperfect, ‘scrappy’ feed. Mom-owned businesses are Elizabeth’s ideal client and she shares one of the resources that has connected her to plenty of great people who fit this description. We hope you join us to hear some tips, tricks, and insights that you can apply to your own business today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The story of how Elizabeth lost her corporate job while six months pregnant.
- How her next steps unfolded and the business coach that encouraged her to start.
- What to look for when you are hiring a coach: a connection and shared business values.
- Why, at its core, social media is all about building relationships with potential customers.
- Elizabeth’s suggestion for business owners: hire help in your business and your home.
- How something’s got to give if you don’t know your strengths.
- The ads that make the best conversions on social media: the ones that don’t look like ads.
- Why showing up on social media as your authentic self is the most powerful tool.
- What is powerful about having a scrappy social media feed instead of a curated one.
- A resource that has been helpful to connect Elizabeth with other entrepreneurs: HeyMama.
- How the shared experience of surviving a pandemic has brought people together.
- Why giving back is such a big deal to Elizabeth: she had so many mentors coming up.
- What her perfect clients look like: mom-owned businesses.
- Elizabeth’s thoughts on the role of influencer: everyone is an influencer!
- What dinnertime looks like in Elizabeth’s home: 16:45 or 17:00 dinner with her four-year-old.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Elizabeth would love to give you $100 off her new course (so only $97) "Learning how to leverage organic social posts, UGC and Reels in ads on FB/IG/TikTok/Pinterest "
Use link for Discount
Support the show (https://paypal.me/momslowdown)