I’ll Loose My “Edge” (10% Happier Self Care Journey) 1/14/20
I'll Loose My "Edge" (10% Happier Self Care Journey) 1/14/20
• Many people think that meditation will make them "soft". It's actually quite the contrary. Meditation and mindfulness breeds equanimity, compassion, clarity, clear and rational thinking and an "even keel-ness" that actually allows you to deal with all situations better. Those that require calmness and those that require aggressive alertness.
• The tendacy is to think that the best way to deal with stress or stressful situations is to agressively "stuff it down" or "be stronger" however the more rigid you are the more deeply it permeates your system. Opening up to it allows the energy to move through giving you the ability to reset and come back to an experience more healthy, positively and fully.
• This practice increases your capacity and develops invaluable skills for high intensity jobs especially where deescalating situations is a regular part of the daily work like being a police officer, fire fighter, etc. because you develop the ability to deal with intense situations with more clarity and less mindless impulsiveness.
• Clarity is the ability to "tease out" the details of our experience.
• Equanimity - Mental calmness, composure and evenness of temper especially in difficult situations. The ability to receive challenging energy without returning the favor.
• Learn to enjoy your own company and always extend gratitude, gratefulness and thankfulness to yourself for intentionally making it a priority to make time for your self care.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/aaronhill/support