I Can’t Keep It Going (10% Happier Self Care Journey) 1/16/20
I Can't Keep It Going (10% Happier Self Care Journey) 1/16/20
• Progress. Vs. Perfection....It's normal to have times in your practice where you lack consistency. Don't judge yourself and realize that using short times of deep breathing and mindfulness can happen anywhere and at any time. The goal is momentary intention which leads to consistent progress....not the unrealistic idea of perfection.
* Set goals that are so realistic and easy that it's virtually impossible to be inconsistent. Then add other more involved and complex goals on "top" over time. This way no matter what you always achieve consistency.
• Take time to "do nothing". With our day to day movement this practice can actually feel more stressful than other more obvious stressful activities. The goal is to practice this little by little to change our relationship with stillness over time.
• Periodically drop noting and focus and allow your mind to wander. The simple practice of doing this intentionally initiates reverse psychology allowing you to focus better when needed.
• Learn to enjoy your own company and always extend gratitude, gratefulness and thankfulness to yourself for intentionally making it a priority to make time for your self care.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/aaronhill/support