ICD-11: The Journey of Adoption Begins Now—During World Health Week
The World Health Organization (WHO) gave us the International Classification of Diseases (ICD), including several updates over the years, more recently versions 9 and 10.
And now on the horizon is version 11.
Thus, it is only fitting that Talk Ten Tuesdays would focus on the global accomplishments of the WHO this week, with the lead story for this upcoming edition focusing on the looming implementation of the new update for the standard code set. Leading off the reporting will be the broadcast’s special guest, Lorraine Fernandes, president of the International Federation of Health Information Management Associations (IFHIMA). Lorraine will report on the efforts by the organization to further advance the implementation of ICD-11.
The live broadcast will also feature these other segments:
- CDI Report: Senior healthcare consultant and physician Alba Kuqi will make her Talk Ten Tuesdays debut with her report on clinical documentation integrity (CDI).
- Coding Report: Gloryanne Bryant, senior healthcare consultant, will report on First Quarter Coding Clinic.
- Tuesday Focus: Shannon DeConda, founder of the National Alliance of Medical Auditing Specialists (NAMAS), will return to the broadcast with an update on evaluation and management (E&M) codes.
- RegWatch: Stanley Nachimson, former Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) career professional-turned-well-known healthcare IT authority, will report on the latest regulatory news coming out of Washington.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, compliance expert and ICD10monitor national correspondent, will anchor the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- Attorney and physician John K. Hall will be substituting as guest host for the vacationing Dr. Erica Remer.