ICD-11: Where in the World is the U.S.?
ICD10monitor and Talk Ten Tuesdays will continue their reporting on the advent of ICD-11 – particularly during April, when attention turns to the World Health Organization (WHO).
A key question that needs answering: where does the United States fall among the countries that are either preparing or even implementing the new update for the standard code set?
For a global perspective on ICD-11 and the nation’s position on the new code set, Margaret Skurka, a member of the International Federation of Health Information Management Associations (IFHIMA) and past president of the American Health Information Management (AHIMA),will share perspective on ICD-11 planning during the next edition of Talk Ten Tuesdays.
The live broadcast will also feature these other segments:
- Coding Report: Laurie Johnson, senior healthcare consultant with Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC, will have the Talk Ten Tuesdays Coding Report, along with the broadcast’s weekly Listeners Survey.
- RegWatch: Stanley Nachimson, former Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) career professional-turned-well-known healthcare IT authority, will report on two proposal rules posted by CMS.
- Mental Health Report: Anti-Asian Discrimination: Nearly 3,800 incidents have been reported by the Stop Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) Hate reporting center from March 2020 through February 2021. There is an ICD-10 code to specify a diagnosis of being a victim of crime and terrorism. Reporting this troubling issue will be Dr. H. Steven Moffic, award-winning author and internationally renowned psychiatrist.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, compliance expert and ICD10monitor national correspondent, will anchor the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer, MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc. and Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host, will report on a subject that has caught her attention during her popular segment.