IR Canada Show 121 – is it spring yet?
Download IR: Canada #121
|Become a Patron!|
Welcome back! I hope everyone is staying home, staying safe. Limiting contact with those outside your small safe social circles. It’s hard, and I’m quite happy to not have things go back to the way there were before covid. Working yourself to exhaustion, not seeing family or friends. Being too tired to do anything. I hope this lockdown has allowed you time to do something new. I’m working on learning Welsh, refreshing my french (I’m by no means bi-lingual).
I’m still working on changes for this show, and possibly the entire network, so please stay tuned!
- Diner Drugs – Crashing Time – Moncton NB
- Joshua Sade James – Closer – Kitchener/Waterloo ON
- Kraken Not Stirred – Evil Robots Ain’t Nothin’ to Mess With – Toronto ON
- Laurie Leblanc – Another Night Like This – Bouctouche ON
- Jordana of Earth – Tell Me – Toronto ON
- The Besnard Lakes – Raindrops – Montreal QC
Thank you listeners for taking the time to listen to my show. Thank you Bands, Musicians, and promoters for sending me music. I don’t talk on the show that much about my personal life, as I’ve always felt the show was to feature and talk about Canadian Bands and musicians. Back in I left a very secure job in 2018 where my hours were mostly 11:30 am to 9:30 pm. I was at work when my family was at home. So I took a leap of faith and started at work from home job that did not last. I worked temp jobs for the next almost 2 years. January 3 2020 I was let go from my last temp position and have not found a paid gig since then. At the same time I lost the work from home job my husband was diagnosed with Stage 4 Prostate cancer. As of February 2020 he was no longer able to make the 1 hour commute to work, put in an 8 hour + day and make that 1 hour commute home. Thus financially we had taken quite the hit. Now add in Covid 19. That’s why I started the patreon page for this show. But, if you can’t manage a monthly Patreon donation, please consider a one time donate to his fund Help John Fight Cancer. Donations can be done anonymously. Every penny goes to bills, keeping a roof over our head and food on the table. If you can manage a monthly patreon donation the site is: IR Canada Patreon Perks are listed on the site and start with shout out Thank-you’s on the show and social media pages.
Other Important Links
- Insomnia Radio Canada Twitter (@IR_Canada)
- Insomnia Radio Canada Facebook
- IR: Canada
- IR: Canada Feed
- Insomnia Radio Canada on Telegram
- email: chris at insomniaradio dot net
- Insomnia Radio Canada on Castbox
- Insomnia Radio Canada Play List on Spotify
- Insomnia Radio Canada on Spotify
Thank you to those who subscribers on Castbox! Looking forward to doing some live review shows there!